The Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) – Northern Lights offers you the opportunity to connect regularly with other communications professionals, access quality professional development seminars, and keep in tune with the latest developments in your profession. Since its formation in 1999, the Northern Lights group has become one of the fastest-growing member societies and now represents a network of members working throughout northern and central B.C, including the Okanagan.
Northern Lights members stay connected with current trends, hot topics and each other through a variety of networking, professional development sessions and regular updates and bulletins. Our group usually meets the third Friday of the month for a Lunch & Learn, with a speaker presenting on a relevant and timely issue. We also offer one full-day professional development session, “Building Blocks,” in April or May.
Our AGM is in May/June and we hold social networking events as often as possible!
Follow us on Social Media
CPRS Northern Lights hosts a private Facebook group, where members can connect, share information and discuss current trends and topics. If you are a member of CPRSNL, request to join the group HERE.
2021-2022 Executive Members
- President: Annie Doran, Tourism Prince George
- Vice-President: Eryn Collins, Northern Health
- Treasurer: Stephanie Mikalishen-Deol, YMCA of Northern BC
- Membership: Renee McCloskey, Regional District of Fraser-Fort George
- Accreditation: Julie Rogers, City of Prince George
- Communications: Kristen Brooke, UBC Okanagan