Join us for our October Lunch & Learn when local PG resident Garth Frizzell will talk about his experience with social media as a Prince George City Councillor!
Date: October 24, 2013
Where: Regional District of Fraser Fort George Boardroom (144 George St.) (Teleconference can be arranged; please request.)
Cost: $20 for members; $25 for non-members
RSVP: by Monday, October 21 by emailing email@example.com or on our Facebook event page.
About Garth Frizzell:
Garth Frizzell has extensive experience with social media. He’s used Google+ to build a brand, and pioneered Youtube’s interactive townhall meetings. He’s a popular Facebook storyteller, a LinkedIn CV junkie, a live-tweeter, and once built a blog to get elected.
Career: he is UNBC’s Research Partnership and Innovation Officer. Government: he is serving his second term as Prince George City Councillor. Private life: he is a husband and father.
Your social media advice to Garth might be to build silos for career, public and private life. Garth doesn’t. He’ll tell you the risks and rewards of his Wide Open approach.
About Garth’s Presentation:
Examples for each section will be drawn from Garth’s experience locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
1. Platforms and why to use them Blog, Twitter, Facebook, G+, LinkedIn, Youtube
2. All Roads Can Lead to the Blog What, How, Why
3. Rules of Engagement How long to spend, when to spend, why to spend it.
4. Silos seem smarter. Why the Wide Open approach? Garth’s case for consistency across the spectrum (think Prince George)
5. The Long Haul Strategic planning on Social Media